Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice about getting a summer job?

I posted this earlier, but all I got in answers were links to websites online. I don't want to be making pennies viewing stupid adds or taking surveys (or any other online crap)! I want a JOB!





Here's my old question:





I'm a college student so I need a temporary job. I'm staying with my grandparents in NY for the summer because I'm taking classes at a community college here........And I need a job, badly. I have absolutely no income. I have applied to everything I can find within reasonable distance. No one has called me, even though many of them have help wanted signs. I don't know what to do. Can someone help me out please?





I have bills to pay, and I have $40 in my checking account. Yah, that's not going very far. (When I have rent, credit card payments, cell phone, car payment, rip off gasoline, and other stuff.)





And no, I'm not going to strip or sell drugsAdvice about getting a summer job?
I had this problem for a while when I was in college and unfortunately there's not always a whole lot you can do. Just keep applying to places (and you might have to accept that you'll have to commute more than you would like to), but more importantly always call (usually a week after you apply) and check in to let them know you're still interested (they're busy people and calling people back is not always on the top of their to do lists). Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment