Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm going to study English at university, any advice about this course?

major: English


minor: EducationI'm going to study English at university, any advice about this course?
This will be a good route to go and you are on the right path if you want to be an English teacher. You will have to read a whole lot and study old English literature(which I do not like), but I think you will be okay. Remember, you will be getting a Bachelor of Arts degree. An English major is good for many things other than education also. You can be a writer, editor, publisher,etc., plus you can go on to law school if you want to in the future. Good luck, don't just take my word for it, talk to English majors and English instructors. I hope I have helped.I'm going to study English at university, any advice about this course?
Research your school.


Find out what courses are offered, which ones are required for the program, and decide what your electives will be.


Then, when you've figured out what your first year courses will be, obtain a reading list for those courses and start reading your books early. The most difficult thing about an english degree is the amount of reading you need to do. I had more than 20 books to read for one of my second year courses, and many of the others have at least 10. This also is not counting the amount of secondary reading you need to do for researching papers.
It's tuf

No comments:

Post a Comment